Modine model HEX electric unit heaters are designed for hazardous industrial locations where potential for explosion exists due to the presence of flammable gases, vapors, powdered metals, or dusts. HEX electric unit heaters are UL-listed for the following areas:
• Class I, Divisions 1 & 2, Groups C & D.
• Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F and G and Class II, Division 2, Groups F and G.
• UL temperature code shall be T3B 329°F (165°C) for Class I and II, indicating maximum operating-surface temperatures.
Standard features include:
• Sealed liquid to air finned tube heat exchanger core with glycol water mixture used as heat-transfer fluid in the heater core, providing -49°F freeze damage protection.
• Thermally protected, automatic reset, explosion-proof motor.
• Automatically reset, bimetal high-limit provides over temperature protection and is rated for 100,000 cycles of service.
• Epoxy coated, 14 gauge steel cabinet contains heater core, motor, and fan assembly.
Heating & Air Conditioning Manufacturers Representatives